* Fruit is the best source of the natural sugar needed for energy.
* Fruit is packed with vitamins, and still represents the best source of vitamins in any food.
* Fruit is packed with anti-oxidants.
* Fruit is easier to digest than grains. Fruit is basically pre-digested. Digesting ripe fruit hardly requires any digestive enzymes, and is thus less taxing to the body.
* Fruit is alkaline forming (whereas meat, fish, grains and legumes are acid-forming).
* Fruit contains an abundance of pure water.
* Fruit is easy to eat. It doesn’t require much preparation.
* Fruit is beautiful. All of our senses are nourished by fruit, not just our taste buds.
* People who eat lots of fruit live longer. A study published in the British Medical Journal (September 2001), showed that fresh fruit offers the best bet for a long life. The results of a study showed that frequent fruit eaters had a 32 percent lower risk of dying from cerebrovascular disease such as stroke, and a 24 percent lower risk of dying from ischemic heart disease, than those who ate fruit less than once a day.
* Fruit contains lots of fiber, which is necessary for optimum digestion.
Additional information: Correct way of eating fruits...
- Eat fruit on an empty stomach. It can be at any time of day as long as you eat it on an empty stomach.
- After eating fruit, leave a time gap of 30 minutes before you eat any other food.
- If you've already eaten a meal, then wait for about 3 hours before you eat fruit, so as to ensure that all of the previous meal is digested before the fruit goes in.
- Try to eat fruit mostly before noon. This helps to raise blood sugar in a slow and unhurried manner. Since the digestive system has been at rest through the night, eating fruit is a gentle way of restarting it in the morning.
- Never eat fruit with other foods, only on its own.
- Do no eat fruit as dessert after a meal. Always eat it before for best nutritional results.
- Bananas and avocados are heavy fruit and you may want to avoid them first thing in the morning. Try eating these as afternoon or a midday meal as the digestive system will be more prepared for them.
- Try your best to eat only organic fruit whenever possible. It is a healthier option.
- Avoid canned, frozen and processed fruit. It contains large amounts of sugar, preservatives and other undesirable chemical additives.